Around 93% of people's online experiences start with a search engine. It's important to know local SEO statistics so you can attract people near you to your attraction.
Local SEO can take your destination attraction to the next level. When people are searching for a company like yours, you want to be sure that your attraction's page is at the top of the results.
You, too, can experience the glory that local SEO can create for you.
The following statistics will show you just how important local SEO is:
Local SEO Statistics
1. 72% of consumers who do a local search tend to visit stores within 5 miles of their location. By improving your local SEO, your business becomes more visible to the people in your surrounding area. People don't want to travel far to buy goods, so your chances of scoring a sale are higher when your SEO is good.
2. 86% of people use Google Maps to look up business locations. Your attraction's location should be clearly marked on Google so consumers can find you. Lacking visibility on Google and other search engines can cost you business.
3. 73% of all online activity is local. That means most people are searching for local businesses. By making yourself visible on the search engine, you're making yourself more visible to potential customers.
You should also be active on social media. This increases your web presence and makes it easier to be noticed by consumers.
4. 85% of shoppers search for local businesses online. That's right: people are literally looking for businesses like yours all the time. You should have as much information available to your customers online as possible.
That way, your customers can find your business and make purchasing decisions as soon as possible.
Improving your local SEO will increase your sales. You will see a boost in the number of people who notice and patronize your business.
Here are some local SEO statistics dealing with sales and purchases. The numbers speak for themselves:
5. 78% of location-based mobile searches lead to an offline purchase. The more visible you are in the search engine results, the better your sales will be. Let your location work in your favor by grabbing the number one spot on the search engine.
The majority of internet users don't look past the first page of search results, so it's important to stand out as early as possible.
6. 61% of local searches result in a purchase within two hours. Over half of local searches work in your favor. You're directly increasing your sales by improving your local SEO.
Make sure your site runs as quickly as possible. This will increase your SEO ranking as well as your customers' experiences with your site.
7. Local searches convince half of mobile users to visit a business within a day of their search. Increasing your local SEO will send more customers to your attraction. This, in turn, will increase your sales via more customers and word of mouth.
Your Attraction is Counting On You
Utilizing local SEO statistics and practices is one of the smartest decisions you'll make in your life.
You'll see a major difference in your attraction if you get on the local SEO train soon.
Contact an expert to learn more about local SEO tactics and how they can benefit you. You won't regret it.